Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Process Data Scientist- Upstream Investigations in Rensselaer, New York
We are currently looking to fill a Process Data Scientist on our Upstream Investigations team with a Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. The Process Data Scientist would support the Process Sciences Department through detailed analyses of heterogeneous data from small-scale laboratory experiments, large-scale manufacturing and raw materials related to both upstream and downstream production processes for biopharmaceutical production.
As a Process Data Scientist, a typical day might include the following:
• Independently performing complex analyses using modern Data Science techniques against data and integrate results with process or raw material information to generate critical process insights.
• Collaborating with laboratory teams to ensure that experiments are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, as well as executed effectively.
• Use of mathematical tools including multivariate data analysis and advanced data techniques to analyze process performance and product quality data.
• Application of machine learning, deep learning and advanced techniques while performing Data Analysis engagements with structured and un-structured data sets from small and/or large-scale runs.
• Use of appropriate data analysis techniques to provide scientific insight to assist in understanding raw material impact on upstream cell culture and downstream purification processes.
• Providing mentorship to other Process Engineers and Scientists across the lab groups as we elevate our data IQ across the organization
• Development and documentation of scientifically sound protocols for hypothesis-driven studies.
• Performing technical investigations and creation of associated reports.
• Presentation of results at group and interdepartmental meetings.
• Production and maintenance of accurate records.
This role might be for you if you:
• Understand Machine Learning, Deep Learning and other techniques and can use and teach these methods inside the organization.
• Can stay up to speed on modern data techniques, understand how to apply them and constantly demonstrate how and where to apply these new methods.
• Enjoy working independently or as part of a team and to communicate with transparency.
• Develop and drive scientific and/or business-related improvement ideas
• Manage internal and external client relationships.
• Develop strategy and build metrics to measure efficiency of strategy.
• Translate ambiguity into measurable steps.
• Manage others by influence as well as through direct reporting authority.
• Identify and effectively communicate risks.
• Have a demonstrated ability to problem solve and identify root cause.
• Are familiar with statistical design and analysis software.
To be considered for the Process Data Scientist you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. You must have the following; PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Computer/Data Science or a related field. May consider another discipline with added relevant experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry is preferred. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.