Robert Half International Controller in Reno, Nevada
Description Katie Weigel with Robert Half Finance and Accounting permanent placement is recruiting to fill a Controller role for a mining company located in Northern Nevada. The Controller will oversee and maintain the overall financial and operational picture of the mine to include budget and forecasts, year-to-date and monthly operational statistics, etc. Participates in bi-weekly operational status calls, quarterly board meetings, and pop-up meetings providing required financial data.
• Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• oversees banking activities
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly updates collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Must have experience with ERP systems
• Must be a self-starter, with an ability to prioritize work ensuring goals are met and projects are completed on time
The company offers a great compensation and benefits package, mentorship and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Manager looking for their first Controller role or an experienced Senior Accountant with managerial skills. If interested, please apply today! Requirements
Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Foundational knowledge in financial reporting
Solid understanding of general ledger
Command of financial statement preparation
Strong familiarity with budgeting
Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Detailed and have the ability work independently
Accounting experience in mining, construction, or manufacturing required
Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
CPA or MBA preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.