UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Senior Data Architect - Workforce Dimensions in Remote, Florida
Senior Data Architect - Workforce Dimensions
Austin - Texas - USA, Florida - Florida - Remote, Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Weston - Florida - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
This architecture role is a hands-on, leadership role combining technical expertise with strategic vision and mentoring in the implementation of relational and non-relational database technology in a cloud environment at an enterprise scale. A successful candidate should have a core background in relational databases (preferable PostgreSQL) along with experience in data pipelines, integration, common messaging platforms, NoSQL platforms, and Cloud Data offerings to provide data solutions to multiple stakeholders and meet the organizations data needs. Additional experience in non-relational database architecture and design is extremely desirable.
You will guide and mentor a team of database professionals and architects to plan, enhance, and implement enhancements to our data layer, supporting numerous business and operational functions, and providing a reliable, scalable, stable data platform upon which our business can continue to grow. You will be part of an architecture team responsible for overall systemwide data strategy, resiliency, performance, and efficiency.
• Articulate, define, and execute on a data tier strategic vision and capabilities to support application and customer business requirements in a distributed, cloud environment.
• Plan, architect, and guide delivery of critical, complex database features at enterprise scale, including purge/archive, backup/recovery, data refresh, and overall database architecture and scalability.
• Develop and enforce standards for relational and non-relational database design and development best practices, and design tools to enforce these practices at scale.
• Continuously evaluate current trends in the data technology space and provide recommendations on best practices and new / differentiating capabilities, including active vendor engagement and product roadmap review and feedback.
• Collaborate with development and operations leadership to identify data tier feature gaps, improvement opportunities, and proactive enhancements to increase quality of service.
• Develop and enforce best practices for application use of database, in conjunction with database development and database administration teams.
• Expertise more than one major relational database (preferably PostgreSQL / EPAS) such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
• Expert knowledge of database architecture and implementation planning and execution, and demonstrated delivery of enterprise-scale database
• Expert knowledge of efficient database configuration and schema design for OLTP, OLAP, DW use cases
• Expert-level understanding of database query tuning and optimization
• Demonstrated experience of architecting databases in cloud platforms such as Google GCP, AWS, Azure.
• Working knowledge of at least one major non-relational database, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB, etc.
• Working knowledge of one or more cloud data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
• Working knowledge of middleware / application access methods to database including connection pools, JDBC, etc.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.