Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Redmond, Washington
Would you like to impact the experience of millions of users per month? Be on the forefront of digital transformation?
The Azure CXP organization was created to accelerate the world class support experience for our customers, empower customers to self-solve their issues, and increase customer satisfaction with their self-help experience. We are developing advanced experiences and creating friction-free advanced support for our support engineers and customers.
We are actively hiring a Software Engineer to join the Azure CXP Team, responsible for designing and building software features, services, diagnostics, web content, and products to provide digital support experiences to customers and support engineers.
This position reports to a Azure CXP Engineering Manager, supporting Microsoft product groups including and not limited to: Devices, O365, Azure and Business Apps.
As an Azure CXP Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building customer and agent-facing digital support capabilities. Key responsibilities include:
Development Lifecycle: A successful candidate should have experience in multiple phases of development cycle and will leverage this experience to design, build, deploy, and maintain online support features for customers.
Technical Excellence: SWEs demonstrate a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep,’ and an ability to quickly learn, estimate the work effort and build upon past experiences to deliver innovation.
Collaboration: Our engineers work with others within an immediate team, as well as across business units and various groups of the company to co-create solutions.
Customer Focus: Understands how engineering decisions result in added customer value.
Drive For Results: Our SWEs are flexible, adapt to any situation, and navigate ambiguity to solve problems and eliminate obstacles to delivering on-time results.
• 2+ yr of Azure/AWS experience
• 4+ yrs of .Net programming
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering IT technical discipline or equivalent engineering/software/services experience
• Experience coding and debugging in languages such as C# or similar modern development languages
• Demonstrated history of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated history of good decision-making, conflict resolution, and follow through
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
• Experience working in Agile process such as SAFE or similar Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js, React, Ruby on Rails
• Experience with big data solutions, technologies, and analysis tools such as Azure Data lake, Azure Data factory, etc.
Position is based out of Redmond, WA. Local candidates or relocation is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.