Microsoft Corporation Regional I&A Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Regional Inventory & Asset (I&A) Program Manager you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
In the Regional Inventory & Asset (I&A) Program Manager role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environment (CE) spectrum to support 24x7x365 on-site DC operations and physical infrastructures.
This role will be working to standardize oversight of inventory, spares, asset management, logistics technologies, supply chain, shipping/receiving activities, and related processes/procedures, (factoring other inputs such as safety and security.) You will be driving quality and consistency in alignment with other regions and global programs to support many DCs across your geographical region. Your broad range of skills will ultimately support deployments of Microsoft's online services in your datacenter(s).
Excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your technical and logistical abilities to life, while supporting Microsoft’s future success!
REQUIRED - Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
• 5+ Years’ combined of warehouse, supply chain, inventory control, and/or logistics experience
• Current certification with the use, management, and/or maintenance of material handling equipment
• Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your regional jurisdictions
• Ability to physically move 25+ kg. (60+ lbs.)
Preferred - Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
• Basic knowledge of physical IT infrastructures & equipment (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of physical CE infrastructures & equipment (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
• Capability and experience in broad strategic planning and execution
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
• Experience in a production, mission-critical, 24x7x365 operations environment
• BS/BA with a Supply Chain Management major or equivalent ancillary experience
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.