Robert Half International Systems Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science in appropriate technical discipline or local equivalent of same
· Minimum 7-11 years’ experience in an engineering or technical role
· Demonstrated proficiency in solving increasingly complex problems
· Demonstrated systems level knowledge and thinking across multiple disciplines
· Experience working on complex hardware and software projects involving embedded systems, network communications and web services
· Strong focus on quality designs and use of quality methods
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Skilled at leading meetings, conflict resolution, and making presentations
· Strategic thinker, but can execute with great attention to detail
· Assess, prioritize and make trade-offs against business, technical and user constraints
· Must be able to work in the absence of complete information and remain able to make timely, high quality decisions
· Interact with business stakeholders and customers to understand their problems and needs
· Proactively engage stakeholders and concisely present options and recommendations
· Define the product from a technical perspective and analyze it for risk
o Translate customer needs, business constraints, and regulatory requirements into functional requirements for the system
o Assist with system architecture by defining major modules, concepts, intended environments and the relationships between them
o Identify technologies and core competencies required to design and develop envisioned concepts
o Ensure robust, reliable, and secure system interfaces and integrations
o Oversee maintenance of the risk management plan, including the risk analysis, by identifying and mitigating hazards associated with a design
o Evaluate risk by using methodologies such as DFMEA and Risk/Hazard Analysis
· Support the design team through understanding the product, project, customer, and business impact
· Conduct impact analysis for design changes and implement necessary actions
· Conduct and integrate in-depth design reviews throughout the product development process
· Define the plan for Verification and Validation of the System
· Work with test engineering throughout the project to drive effectiveness and efficiency in V&V process
· Provide support to team to accomplish overall project goal
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $125,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: March 26, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03220-9502531848
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT