Robert Half International Network Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Robert Half Technology is looking for a Network Engineer for a top healthcare company in the Raleigh area! This is a full-time position that comes with competitive benefits, salary, PTO and 401K options! If you are interested in this opportunity please email Walter.Sherwood@rht.com directly.
• Coordinates and performs on-site customer work including network equipment installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance.
• Translate business needs into technical actions and plans, support the management of technology lifecycle for data network solutions.
• Execute technical solutions hands-on where internally managed and through service providers elsewhere.
• Contribute to business cases and proposals. This may include presentation to senior management.
• Participate or lead troubleshooting complex network problems. This involves working closely with business units, other infrastructure teams and external vendors, where necessary.
• Resolves some first-level and some second-level customer problems and answers questions. Resolves issues and escalates as appropriate
• Work closely with the IT security group to ensure compliance with IT security standards and policies
• Form collaborative relationships with peers, business units, regional technology groups, and external service partners
• Occasional travel between offices as well as participation in evening conference calls, after hours escalations and weekend change tickets.
• Intermediate-to-senior IT detail oriented with hands on experience designing, deploying and managing large complex network environments
• Minimum 7 years of progressive data network experience in a large, complex, fast paced environment; financial services and/or telecom/Internet service provider experience preferred
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience in conjunction with industry certifications (Cisco certifications preferred, including but not limited to CCNP, CCDP)
• Experience working in a mixed environment where some work requires hands on experience and other work is managed through vendor-provided services including network outsourcing arrangements (Hands-on is mandatory, managing through a vendor is a nice to have)
• Strong working knowledge of network technologies, particularly Cisco Systems routing/switching equipment and Nexus, Catalyst, and WiFi; Aruba WiFi and Clearpass; Riverbed Steelhead or Cisco WAAS, MobileIron, network management tools
• Good working knowledge of WAN technologies such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS
• Added value skillsets include network security (firewalls, IDS, IPS, NAC, content filtering etc). – CISSP certification an asset – and VOIP, video and/or unified communications deployment using Cisco/Avaya/Nortel; and expertise in QoS, Software Defined Networking, and Cloud-optimized networks
• Strong operations efficiency orientation (process, costing etc.) and ability to effectively manage ongoing operations while identifying opportunities for ongoing efficiency, familiarity with ITIL framework
• Ability to think strategically, assess alternatives for short and long term impacts and act decisively; strong systems aptitude demonstrated project management and planning skills; balances strategic skills with tactical execution skills; function well within matrix management situations and under dynamic mandates
• Clear, effective communication (written and verbal) is essential, including ability to explain technical information to non-technical audiences and create effective documentation for other teams
• Global or multi-country operations experience an asset
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03220-9502687793
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT