Airgas Usa LLC Administrative Assistant (Property Tax) in Radnor, Pennsylvania
Property Tax Administrator
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on… Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
*JOB SUMMARY: *
Position provides support to the Property Tax Group, including the filing, copying and mailing of property tax returns; the input and processing of personal property tax bills and assessment notices; the maintenance of the property tax files and the property tax filing system; and correspondence and communication with assessors, tax collectors, as well as regional and corporate finance members. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and computer skills, the ability to work in an ambiguous environment, and an attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for processing the incoming and outgoing mail;
- Responsible for processing the property tax bills, and insuring the accuracy of personal property tax payments, and timely submission of the check requests to the CAG for payment;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the personal property tax bills, and the preparation of the monthly tax reports;
- Assist with the timely and accurate filing of personal property tax returns including copying and preparation for mailing;
- Prepare proof of mailing documentation; make photocopies; maintain filing and storage systems; and retrieve documentation in support of audits;
- Communicate with assessment and taxing jurisdictions on routine inquiries;
- Correspond and communicate with internal personnel at all levels of the organization, and with external taxing authorities;
- Provide support to the property tax group and the entire tax department as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a team oriented environment
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a professional office environment. Property tax experience desired but not required.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively at all corporate levels.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Job: *Finance and Accounting
Title: Administrative Assistant (Property Tax)
Requisition ID: 32559