AmTrust Financial Services Claims Assistant I in Princeton, New Jersey
The Claims Assistant will provide assistance to claims adjusters by performing a variety of support services. The Claims Assistant position will report to a Supervisor. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Performs general maintenance /data entry in the claim files
- Assists adjusters in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information
- Performs financial activities to include, but not limited to, issuing payments, request for stop pays, voids and check copies
- Receives and/or returns telephone calls and emails as directed by claims adjuster
- Generate letters from system/templates
- Complete state forms, other jurisdictional requirements and EDI, where applicable
- Request file copies for various services to include, but not limited to, medical, legal, recovery and subpoena responses
- Coordinate and handle mailing requests to include, but not limited to, standard, overnights and certified/return receipts
- Submit referrals for various services
- Assign losses
- Maintain various reports/logs
- Keeps current with market trends and demands.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Thorough knowledge of commercial claim procedures and policies
- Ability to take direction and make decisions
- Self-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of business technology
- Ability to work in a team environment
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.