Eaton Corporation Engineer - Core Software and Calibration Management in Prague, Czech Republic
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
We are looking for an Engineer - Core Software, who will focus on Embedded software development and calibration management primarily in Automotive domain. As a member of a global team, you will participate on architecture and will perform conceptual design, development, testing and validation of embedded software, firmware, applications and its integration for industrial applications and will be responsible for managing software calibrations for a variety of new product heavy duty automated transmissions and will work with multiple engineering teams operating in a global environment.
Your key deliverables :
• Designing and developing embedded software, firmware, applications and defining conceptual design(s)
• Defining embedded system level and software requirements to meet product performance, safety and reliability requirements.
• Developing validation and verification test plans at a unit, sub-system and vehicle level to fully validate requirements.
• Using debugging and testing tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
• Working with team members and engineering manager to estimate development, resources and timing to achieve the desired results
• Collaborating with global, new product development teams from initial conception through each of the design and development phases up to and including certification and product launch for various applications in automotive domain
• Supporting product development after product launch to fit developing market needs
• Reviewing and implementing calibrations tasks submitted by controls and integration engineers into a Configuration Management Tool, Jazz
• Managing calibrations in CRETA projects for multiple active software versions and multiple product families
• Bachelor´s degree in Electrical Engineering discipline, or related, from an accredited university
• 0-2 years of related engineering experience in Embedded SW development or relevant engineering discipline
• Experience with industrial systems, but ideally with vehicle systems like transmissions
• Solid experience in embedded software development (C, C++, Matlab, Simulink, ...)
• Industrial communication knowledge - CANbus, RS485, etc.
• Basic embedded HW knowledge - IN/OUTs, COMMS, MCUs
• Basic experience in, or knowledge of drivetrain/powertrain systems and components
• Basic knowledge of industrial functional safety norms (IEC 61508), ideally Aero / Vehicle (ISO26262, DO 178,..)
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Annual bonus, up to 4 days of home office, cycling and sport friendly environment and much more
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.