Allied Universal Event Security-Fairplex in Pomona, California
This position is responsible for checking bags, enforcing access control and implementing policies and procedures for the safety of the guests and owners, while providing superior customer service for the best guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
· Allows appropriate entry into each venue, may collect and/or scan tickets, verify wristbands and badges, direct traffic coming in and out of the venue.
· Screens guests during entry via bag searching, hand wand or metal detector, and ID verification.
· Protects guests, staff, and venue ownership group assets by watching for security breaches at vital checkpoints.
· Responds quickly to potential crowd control issues and provides escorts for unruly guests when ejections are warranted.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations of different venues, facilities and events.
· Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greetings to our guests as they arrive at your facility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location and a sincere thanks as you complete your encounter with each guests.
· Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance their entertainment experience.
QUALIFICATIONS : To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
· Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying .
· As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
· Be professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
· Must be able to work overtime as needed.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com at http://www.aus.com/ .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job ID: 2020-397778
Location: United States-California-Pomona
Job Category: Event Positions