Albertsons Senior Product Manager - eCommerce Customer Promise Platform in PLEASANTON, California
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this transformation journey.
A $60Bn Company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Our private label on-trend 'Own Brands' portfolio is one of the most diverse in-house and trusted brands in the country consisting of more than 11,000 high quality products achieving $11Bn in sales. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation. It's in our blood.
As part of this new vision the Product Management Department has an opening for a Senior Product Manager, Customer Promise Platform. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is investing in building a best-in-class fulfillment technology platform to provide the most convenient online grocery shopping experience by offering high quality fresh assortment at an unmatched value through the expansion of its Drive Up & Go(DUG) and Home Delivery offerings. To support this, we are in the process of building out a Product team centered around next generation eCommerce fulfillment that includes building the next generation of demand planning and automation products powered by AI to accurately forecast demand,optimize picking schedules and offer the most convenient slots for our customers. We are looking for the best and the brightest Product Managers at all levels who can help mould and define our product roadmap and strategy.
If you are looking to play a part in a major digital transformation that will revolutionize online grocery shopping,come join us!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champion the needs of customers, business teams, and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Ability to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity and provide solid recommendations.
- Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
- Effectively influences and collaborates with others, presenting and securing approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using research, data, business context and learnings as input
Be recognized as an expert across the division -- someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of the organization
Write user stories as a part of the product development lifecycle that:
directly support primary objectives of the project
- are appropriate in size for iterative development
- include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Business required
- MBA or Masters in Operations Research/Computer Science preferred
- 4-8 Years experience in Product Management, Data Analytics or Management Consulting
- Retail, Supply Chain and e-commerce experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled