Albertsons Director, Program Management Data Insights in PLEASANTON, California
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Albertsons Companies Data and Insights Center of Excellence, a newly formed team reporting into the Customer and Digital Team, is charged with building capabilities and solutions that leverage our data assets and analytic approaches to drive transformative insights to drive business strategy. The Director of Program Management will report directly to the Chief Data Officer and will be responsible for leading the Data & Insights strategic planning process, aligning resources within the business and technology teams, and delivering the roadmap to support the business. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for strategic planning for the Data & Insights Center of Excellence, including the annual and quarterly roadmap planning process.
- Support the Chief Data Officer by developing weekly project status reviews and executive reporting for key initiatives.
- Develop program tracking processes and KPI's to identify potential issues or roadblocks, and work cross-functionally to successfully address them.
- Work closely with IT and Data Project leads who are responsible for overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for execution and implementation.
- Project manage strategic initiatives for the team to deliver strategic priorities
- Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
- Ability to do project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning, and risk assessment.
- Adoption of existing Project Management and Knowledge Management best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Requires approximately 10% travel depending upon project specifics and business locations.
- Can drive accountability through effective communication and collaboration.
- 4-year degree (Business Administration, Insights, Marketing, Information Systems,or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 10 + years of Project Manager Experience
- 3-5 years of Program Manager Experience
- Experience working within a Data and Analytics team strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile development preferred.
- Experience on working on large scale, multi-faceted projects that touch on data, IT and general insight packaging and synthesis work that our team delivers across the business in either dashboards, PPTs and White Papers.
- Former specialty consulting firm or Big 4 experience desirable
- The Director, Program Management will be interfacing with Executive Level Management and should be comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Candidates that are strategic thinkers will do well in the role, but open to "be in the weeds" as needed.
- Retail experience a plus but not required for this opportunity.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled