Carlton Senior Living Memory Care Partner/ Caregiver - Full-Time 2nd Shift in Pleasant Hill, California
Great Place to Work Certified!:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Support caregivers as needed in any areas of their job performance.
- Take responsibility to cover caregiver responsibilities as needed.
- Confirm all resident rounds are completed before CP’s shift ends.
- Monitor and identify additional training opportunities for CP staff and report this to your Supervisor.
- Maintain close communication with team and share all issues with Personal Care Manager or Director Of Resident Services (DRS)
- Verify that staff adheres to Company Policies and Procedures and State Regulations; teach by example.
- Monitor Resident’s Service Plans and Task Sheets on a weekly basis and ensure that Care Partners understand the plans and their role in providing service.
- Interact with residents as may be required by situations presented during the shift.
- Redirect disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Observe, document and communicate to PCM or DRS any physical and mental changes of condition and/or and all unusual observed resident behaviors (speech production, feeding patterns, toilet issues, etc.), to help facilitate assessment and development of care and service goals.
- Attend to routine care of resident needs per the Personal Service Plan and Task Sheets.
- Investigate family concerns regarding care and communicate to DRS or Executive Director.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all universal resident care, safety precautions and infection control practices.
- Verify Daily Task Sheets are handed in before the next shift begins.
- Walk the building with the housekeeping checklist to insure all items are completed and that the building is maintained for Community operations the following day. If the building is not ready, first take reasonable efforts to resolve the problems, and then highlight the areas for improvement on the checklist and submit to the proper personnel for resolution.
- Check both kitchens to insure safety: No wet floors, freezers are locked, stove turned off, all food has been stored properly, etc.
- Perform administrative duties as requested by PCM or DRS.
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond to emergencies per Community training standards.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school education
- One month related experience or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CNA preferred but not required.
- Competent in administration of Medication and how to answer all medical provider, or family, medication questions.
- Able to assume all responsibility for medication rooms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current First Aid Certification