HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) in Plantation, Florida
Description - External
Enter the world of healthcare by training to be a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA). Become part of a successful healthcare organization working directly at the patient's bedside with a team of caring professionals. This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to break into healthcare and gain assistance to becoming a licensed professional or working in another capacity in a hospital environment. The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm.
/We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Westside Regional Medical Center North Campus, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:/
- /Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*/
- /Paid Personal Leave/
- /401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)/
- /Identity Theft Protection discounts/
- /Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options/
- /Adoption Assistance/
- /Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*/
/*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position./
Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
Sitters Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
_Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:_
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
- Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
Qualifications - External
A high school diploma or GED is required
Excellent work ethic, professional appearance, and a kind, compassionate demeanor is needed
Participants must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
No experience is necessary - it is actually preferred!
A strict Monday through Friday schedule is required for the first 2 weeks.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
Location: Florida-Plantation-Westside Regional Medical Cntr-Fort Lauderdale Area
Requisition ID: 01345-8697