Raising Cane's Test Kitchen Assistant in Plano, Texas
The DRSO Test Kitchen Assistant – at Raising Cane’s, “What We Do” is serve the Perfect Box, Fast, Friendly, Clean & Have Fun! A Test Kitchen Assistant has the primary responsibility of providing a positive experience, including ensuring all food is prepared to Raising Cane’s standards and working in various areas of the Test Kitchen. The Assistant is expected to use knowledge and skills gained through Restaurant experience to effectively ensure procedures are followed in storing, handling, prepping, cooking, cleaning, and inventory of all kitchen goods. They support behaviors that foster excellent Kitchen operations, such as being vocal, communicating effectively in a positive manner and demonstrating commitment to Cane’s standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all Cane’s standards are upheld when working in the Test Kitchen – includes proper food safety, food storage, labeling, rotation etc.
• Cleanliness and organization- maintain Raising Cane’s cleanliness standards for the DRSO Test Kitchen, as well as organization of kitchen and storage spaces.
• Maintenance – Uses knowledge to model great care when utilizing and cleaning kitchen equipment.
• Weekly product evaluations – as needed prepare ingredients, record data, and support cooked finished product tasting evaluations and data collection.
• Fryer Maintenance – filter, clean and monitor fryers within Cane’s standards and procedures
• Maintain a clean environment including keeping areas stocked with paper supplies, trash cans lined, and run trash to dumpster daily.
• Support Building Services – at times may be called on to support office services; food and beverage preparation.
Project Based Support
• Support RSO research special projects, as needed. Projects may include Consumer testing, food tasting, food photo shoots and project evaluations. Responsibilities will include preparation, cooking, set up and break down.
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by Crewmembers to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow proper safety procedures when handling and/or preparing food
• Lift and carry, push or pull heavy objects up to 50 pounds
• Kneel, bend, twist or stoop
• Ascend or descend stairs
• Reach and grasp objects (including above head and below waistline)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to collect and report data
• Ability to show up to scheduled shifts on time
• Work together as a team, assisting other Assistants in completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service
• Work under pressure and at a fast pace
• Align with Raising Cane’s culture by balancing Working Hard and Having Fun
• Take initiative
• Comply with Company policies
• Must enjoy working and collaborating with many different people.
• Strong consideration given to current Raising Cane’s Restaurant Crewmember in good standing
o Knowledge of Raising Cane’s Operations Policies and Procedures
o Knowledge of Raising Cane’s Operations standards
o Must be cross trained in all positions
Education (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Requisition ID 2020-23162
Job Locations US-TX-Plano
Department (Portal Searching) Research & Development
Location : Name Linked DRSO
Location : Address 6800 Bishop Rd
Location : City Plano
Location : State/Province TX
Location : Postal Code 75024
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Raising Cane's, please contact the Talent Acquisition Department at Recruiting@RaisingCanes.com or 866-552-2637.
Raising Cane's is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or Crewmember based on the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy ore related medical conditions, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.