Penn Medicine Neuro-Tech Special Procedures - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ) in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Neuro-Tech Special Procedures - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ)
Job ID :88414
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Specialty Area: Radiology/Imaging
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: This is a full-time opportunity.
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 1 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Full-Time Neuro-Tech Special Procedures for our Plainsboro, NJ location.
• Responsible for performing standard and complex EEG recordings, and TCDs in both the Neurophysilogy Laboratory and on units/patient floors on an as needed basis as well as electrocerebral Insufficiency (ECI) recordings in ICU and CCU. Primary focus is performing all Long Term Video EEG patient hookups/disconnects and data review. When available, can assist with all three modalities of evoked potentials, Brainstem Auditory, Visual and Somato-sensory. Rotating paid weekend/holiday call.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs Long Term Monitoring for Epilepsy patient modalities.
• Performs Long Term Monitoring for Epilepsy Data Review, file selection, editing, archiving.
• Available for emergency and Weekend/Holiday call rotation coverage
• Consistently completes necessary documentation for diagnostic studies performed as well as initiates changes where necessary according to department/hospital policy
• Performs portable EEG's, TCD’s and Evoked Potentials where and when necessary
• Communicates with all levels of hospital staff.
• Takes accurate messages and relays key information.
• Consistently maintains the ability to accurately operate all applicable diagnostic equipment
• Regularly responsible for all phases of EEG
Minimum Requirements :
• Graduation from an AMA-accredited educational program for EEG Technologist - required.
• Bachelors Degree in Health Sciences, Biology or Electronics preferred.
Related Work Experience
• Minimum of Three or more year's hospital experience in an EEG laboratory conducting routine and complex EEG, Evoked Potentials and Long Term Monitoring procedures.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Must be registered or registry eligible with ABRET (American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists) or equivalent required (R.EEG T., R.EP T, CNIM or CLTM).
• Current BLS (CPR) certification required
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Trained in and demonstrated proficiency in the performance of Electroencephalography, Evoked Potentials, Transcranial Doppler, Video EEG and Review, advanced computer skills, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Professionalism essential.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
• Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational & problem solving skills
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.