Penn Medicine Lead Neuro Tech Special Procedures - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ) in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Lead Neuro Tech Special Procedures - Full-Time (Plainsboro, NJ)
Job ID :88415
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Specialty Area: Radiology/Imaging
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: This is a full-time opportunity.
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 1 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Full-Time Lead Neuro Tech Special Procedures for our Plainsboro, NJ location.
The Lead Neuro Tech Special Procedures is responsible for the daily workflow of assigned area to support quality patient care. This includes maintaining appropriate staffing levels for service and volume, participating in the selection, orientation, evaluation, and coaching of staff. Performs routine outpatient and inpatient EEGs, inpatient LTMs to include data review, file selection, editing and archiving. Assists staff with complex procedures, as needed. Provides leadership to Staff Councils and other committees for modality-specific services and serves as a department Super User.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs procedures following the standards of the Neuro-Tech Special Procedures Technologist (Job Code 2000-PHS-K1576-7018) Performs outpatient and inpatient EEG’s, inpatient LTM’s to include data review, file selection editing and archiving; assists other technologists with complex studies as needed.
• Acts as a resource and oversees technical staff in the daily performance of duties, insures effective and efficient delivery of services. Oversees day to day schedule. Responsible for on call coverage.
• Oversees quality assurance initiatives for respective modality to include Joint Commission, ABRET, ACNS and PMPH standards.
• Responsible for daily documentation/entry of patient charges. Trends and analyzes data; develops and implements appropriate actions to resolve issues relative to documentation/charges.
• Routinely assesses the safety of the environment to identify concerns and opportunities; meets all Joint Commission, Department of Health and ABRET.
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels for service, adjusting based on patient volume to include on call coverage.
• Coordinates patient schedules and communicates the schedules to relevant parties.
• Identifies risks in assigned area and collaborates with other departments to resolve issues.
Minimum Requirements :
• High School Diploma and related Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program required.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 5-8 years of related experience required.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Must be registered with the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) or equivalent (R. EEG T, R. EP T, CNIM or CLTM) required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) from an accredited program
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of EEGs, video EEGs, Long-Term Monitoring and Review, including editing, clipping and archiving studies in a hospital-based EEG Laboratory
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Proven leadership ability
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.