Sylvan Learning Director of New Family Engagement in Plainfield, Indiana
Do you gain energy from being busy? Do you thrive in a high paced environment? Is building relationships and interacting with new people something that makes you come alive? Do you love seeing the light bulb come on as a child learns something new? Does the predictable same-old-same-old 9-5 desk job have you dreading Monday? In this high performing, fast paced environment, you’re meeting new faces and tackling new challenges everyday. No day and no solution looks the same at Sylvan—and you’ve got to love that to be Director of New Family Engagement! If it sounds like something you would love, keep reading…
Sylvan Learning of Indiana is currently hiring a Director of New Family Engagement. Sylvan Learning provides academic tutoring for students from Kindergarten through 12th grade so that students can get ahead or just get caught up. As a franchise group of 11 centers throughout Indiana our mission is to see success with every child. The Director of New Family Engagement role is to put the plan together that achieves success for every child that walks through their doors. This position is both business, education, customer service and sales wrapped up into one. Still excited? You guessed it, keep on reading…
- Can define what your "win" is
- Is hungry--and no, we don't mean for pizza!
- Multitask like it is going out of style
- Kept your first checkbook balanced
- Have a memory like Rain Man
- Know how to control and manage your own time—Ferris Bueller should not be your role model
- Like people—seriously, do we need to say more?
- Find kids fun—again, do we need to say more?
- Can handle a group text
- You’re a leader who pulls not pushes
- Own your actions –don’t blame others—that just isn’t nice
- Believes in the power of Radical Honesty
- Can embrace the phrase—“it always works out”
- Loves to learn and sees feedback as an opportunity to grow
- Believes education is valuable and important
- Know who Simon Sinek is--or at least watched his Ted Talk before deciding whether or not to apply to this position
Hold a bachelor’s degree Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Sylvan Tuition Incentives
Up to 2 weeks of PTO from start of employment (start date dependent) If you’re a force to be reckoned with in the world and you want to hear more about our dream and how it fits with your dream, and if you’re excited to be a part of a fast growing and fast paced company, take the leap and submit your application today.