Mission Critical Partners Sr. Network Technician in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We have an opportunity for a Network Technician to support the work of our Managed Services Practice Team. The individual will be expected to provide expertise in the implementation and support of our internal and external client information technology (IT) programs. The role requires a client-focused professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Prudence.
- Support managed services team engagements. Configure, install, and manage various network components and interfaces including Cisco and Nokia/Alcatel technologies
- Maintain telephone network technologies, such as ISDN – PRI, Analog 2 and 4 wire private line services and broadband service – SIP trunks
- Perform repairs, test and troubleshoot network equipment
- Participate in the development of reports, analyses, and team presentations
- Perform surveys of existing client systems with an emphasis on data-gathering and potential system improvement, cost reduction, and operational efficiencies
- Share technical knowledge and expertise with peers – exhibit a positive attitude, exchanging ideas, concepts, and processes that create a strong team approach to problem-solving and client solutions
Basic Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- 5 years’ experience with enterprise IT and telecommunication systems
- Associates or Technical Degree/Certificate
- Technically savvy with a deep understanding of network components, interfacing, public switch telephone networked technologies, and private branch exchange (PBX)
- Ability to conceptualize, identify, assess, and diagnose problems related to network hardware and software and to find effective solutions
- Versatile and skilled in the assessment, specification, and implementation of enterprise IT (application and server), network migration, and telecommunications (especially Voice over IP and iPhone) networks and operations
- Development of operational standards and best practices that apply to IT and telecommunications
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and bend/crawl/maneuver around confined spaces
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive a vehicle to MCP regional offices and client sites
About Us: Mission Critical Partners mcp911.com
Mission Critical Partners helps transform public safety systems and operations at every stage of their lifecycle: assess, implement, design, build and manage. Backed by the best talent in the public safety industry who bring decades of experience to every project, we provide a broad range of consulting and lifecycle management services that give our clients greater confidence they will achieve their vision.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Mission Critical Partners shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA