Safran EMC Principal Engineer in Pitstone, United Kingdom
EMC Principal Engineer2020-12-10T12:16:08.727
To provide a high level of EMC test experience and technical knowledge with regards to aerospace and military test specifications and train others to be able to perform tests. Perform calibration and asset management tasks in line with EMC procedures.
Verify and validate test methods against standard / customer requirements. Provide support to project teams for all EMC qualification and development activities, including delivering procedures, tests, results and reports.
• Responsible for the test equipment and rigs used to facilitate EMC testing ensuring preventative maintenance and calibration activities are performed.
• Responsible for all aspects of a LRU / System EMC test program including writing test procedures and reports, performing tests, accurately documenting results.
• Act as the in house EMC test specialist.
• Liaise with external calibration suppliers and internal customers.
• Verify and validate new test methods.
• Assisting the Test and Facility manager with maintaining all aspects of the EMC laboratory's ISO 17025 accreditation (Technical and Quality).
• Supervision of personnel.
• Maintain the EMC lab calibration and asset management database along with associated requirements and trend-data spreadsheets.
• Maintain the labs ISO17025 accreditation, by performing technical competency demonstrations.
• Maintain EMC test facility and equipment, liaising with suppliers and internal departments
• Produce documentation in line with SAFRAN and ISO17025 quality requirements.
• Define, implement and validate test methods.
• Identify improvements in Laboratory technical operations.
• Maintenance of the Measurement of uncertainty budget for the lab.
• Act as an approval for non-conforming work activities. .
Key Performance Measures:
• ISO 17025 accreditation maintained,
• Project milestones delivered on time.
• Equipment calibration maintained and availability planned around test requirements.
• 6S standards and GPI audits standards maintained.
• HNC or equivalent in electronics or telecommunications
• Detailed understanding of EMC specifications and standards.
• The ability to configure EMC measurement and control software
• Knowledge of GPIB drivers and ability to configure instrument drivers. (desirable)
• Configure EMC test equipment as per the test requirements.
• Knowledge of data acquisition systems and use (preferably DEWESoft) (desirable)
• Configuration of ARINC 429 / MIL 1553 decoders. (desirable)
• Write and review EMC test plans & reports, both development and qualification.
• Able to follow procedures and clear instructions whether working independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet program deadlines.
• Have good communication skills, both written and verbal when dealing with all levels within the development team and when required with maintenance and individual project engineers.
• Good working knowledge of MS Software i.e. Excel, Word.
• Perform EMC testing in an impartial manner following Safran Ethics and lab operating guidelines.
• Verification and validation of test techniques, demonstrated capability to implement new test methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of ISO 17025:2017
• Ability to gain credibility within the stakeholder audience, including peers, management and customers, produce and deliver presentations to employees at any level and customers Liaison with customers, suppliers, SE&P partners and sub-contract agencies.
Specificity of the job
Company informationSafran Electrical & Power
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
TestingResearch, design and developmentProfessional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time