Avera Marshall Director - Laboratory in Pierre, South Dakota
Advanced Leadership Opportunity!
Avera St Mary's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital (https://www.avera.org/news-media/news/2018/top-20-rural-hospital/)
Avera Named Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List (https://www.avera.org/news-media/news/2019/avera-forbes-best-in-state/)
· Responsible for ensuring that Laboratory Services are provided in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner that enhances patient, staff, and physician satisfaction in collaboration with appropriate interdisciplinary team members.
· Generate budgets, develop and implement operating systems, manage quality improvement processes, and also lead program development within the Laboratory Department in the hospital.
· Responsible for enhancing practices and services, ensuring that the department meets all regulatory requirements.
· Includes interviewing, hiring, developing, training, and retaining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
· Responsible for appraising performance and rewarding/disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Training:
Bachelor of Science required.
Certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP).
Three to Four years' experience and strong general laboratory knowledge is required.
Previous supervisory experience required.