CommonSpirit Health Clinical Support Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on and.
The Clinical Support Specialist I performs clinical applications support duties with the clinicians and staff providing patient care in the ambulatory clinic setting. These responsibilities include the initial computer-based training and orientation of physicians and staff as well as the on-going computer skills improvement and enhanced competency training associated with the clinical applications. The CSS I will participate in workflow design, development, and re-engineering as upgrades, enhancement requests, and new regulations are presented. The CSS I will participate as assigned on project implementation teams; workflow documentation initiatives; and clinical enhancement and optimization efforts. This position has primary responsibility for initial problem triage and assignment, first call issue resolution, critical problem solving, and collaborating/escalation with other IT support teams.
• Maintains working relationships with clinicians, staff, and clinic leadership at assigned locations to ensure consistent delivery of all IT support services.
• Acts as assigned resource to the various project teams assisting in the design and development of the continually improving ambulatory applications suite of solutions.
• Performs the delivery of services and escalates any conflicts that may arise between matrix teams, project teams, team members, facilities, and ambulatory clinics.
• Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to recommend clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and ensure the clinical applications are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
• Contributes as assigned in ambulatory governance meetings, department meetings, and staff meetings.
• Supports the Physician Integration functional planning process; including needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and new clinical service requirements involving key stakeholders and utilizing structured analysis methods for planning.
• Delivers consistent clinical support services both within and outside the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Assists in the development of process and operational redesign recommendations leading to a solution and/or functional system requirements.
• Provides clinical support in all phases of a project plan including system testing, conversion planning, and training material development.
• Communicates functional priorities, design techniques, issues, and issue resolution to leadership.
• With others, promotes the continuity of the ambulatory computing environment and the application functionality in accordance with the intended design as deployed from clinic to clinic, market to market.
• Monitors application use, system performance, hardware reliability, and software stability. Captures, defines, and prioritizes pre- and post-implementation issues. Reports and participates in the problem solving of issues that impact local and enterprise performance.
• Communicates effectively, and contributes to positive interdepartmental relationships; particularly between technical and clinical staff.
• Takes immediate action to meet customer/user requests or needs.
• Builds relationships with peers and staff. Ensures accountability relative to timelines, work, and product, in support of reporting metrics and protocol compliance.
• Uses critical thinking skills and job knowledge to resolve job-related issues.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Dignity Health information, communications, and documents.
• Participates in the orientation and training of new physicians and staff. Provides on going assistance to ensure technical skill sets of physicians and staff maintain a standard minimum competency.
• Provides assistance relative to technical skill sets for staff and incorporates them into the associated training.
• Constantly evaluates training materials ensuring content is in alignment with application versions and appropriately provides end users with appropriate skills to be successful.
• Demonstrates extraordinary customer relations, quality service, and dedication to providing the highest quality of service to our clinicians, staff, and patients.
• Supports the efficient and effective operations of Ambulatory Clinical Information Systems, the promotion of effective user adoption, and success in deployment of these systems.
• Ensures a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously. Refers to each individual by name when appropriate.
• Upholds the mission, vision, and values of Dignity Health, as well as our sponsoring congregations.
• 2+ years of experience providing system support to clinical staff, or working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic health record.
• 2+ years of experience working with clinical workflows within an electronic health record.
• 2+ years of proven knowledge of clinical workflows and documented ability to provide excellent support to clinical staff.
• Knowledge of ambulatory/outpatient care environments and workflow processes.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy (use of computer technology to accomplish tasks) and information literacy (ability to recognize, locate, evaluate, and use information appropriately).
• Ability to effectively train others in the use of computers and related technologies.
• Strong communication skills, ability to translate most concepts to naïve computer users and various levels of personnel from executives to end-users.
• Ability to create effective interpersonal relationships.
MA, LPN, LVN, RN license or other clinical degree desired.
Clinical licensure is desired, but a combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of a clinical licensure.
Experience with Allscripts or Cerner preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-130157
Employment Type Full Time
Department Ambulatory Physician Integration
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health Medical Group Arizona
Standard Hours mon - fri 8-5
Work Schedule 8 Hour