Robert Half International Accountant in Phoenix, Arizona
The Accountant will maintain financial records and ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded. Secures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
· Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software
· Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation
· Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger
· Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
· Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy
· Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements
· Performs other duties as assigned
· 2-4 years of accounting experience, preferably with general accounting and accounts payable
· Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
· Proficiency in Excel and Word, and accounting software (QuickBooks a plus)
· Hands-on experience preparing financial schedules and reports
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Aptitude for numbers
· Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
· Ability to take initiative
· Highly disciplined and organized, with critical thinking skills
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects concurrently
· Bachelor’s degree
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $64,000.00 - $80,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Date Posted: March 26, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00210-9502532402
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance