CRC Insurance Services, Inc. Underwriting Assistant - Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help? (https://www.bbt.com/careers/career-site-faq.html)
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility (email@example.com?subject=Job%20Application) or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Invoices policies, coordinate the servicing of new and renewal accounts from the time of binding according to Company guidelines and anticipate/prevent issues and problems as necessary. Provides high quality professional service to Agents and Companies.
This is a fulltime telecommuting position. It can work remotely anywhere in the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Pre-underwrite and plan renewal business with minimal supervision of an underwriter.
• Accurately explain liability and other program coverages to clients and prospective clients.
• Provide necessary instruction to Underwriting Clerks and Policy Typists.
• Evaluate policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, etc., resolve any discrepancies and make changes as needed.
• Conduct Ratings for new and renewal business.
• Manage all account documentation.
• Review and process policy servicing requests (endorsement, audits, Company requests, Certificates, Premium Finance Notices and Cancellations, etc).
• Invoice and process new business and renewal binders, premium bearing endorsements, and cancellations according to internal and Company guidelines.
• Establish New Submissions in the clearance system and handle according to established procedures.
• Produce cancellation and non-renewal notices according to statutory and contractual requirements.
• Manage underwriting files on accounts in which policies are not issued and handle according to Company and internal established procedures.
• Maintain pending/suspense system per established procedures.
• Maintain account files in accordance with company policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• College degree with a concentration in business or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of one year of wholesale insurance experience
• State specific Insurance License required
• Underwriting Clerk experience or a minimum of three (3) years general insurance experience
• Must be able to understand and analyze necessary components of insurance policies
• Must have knowledge of commercial multi-line underwriting and rating
• Must have ability to use company automation to include Windows, Delphi, Word, DocuCorp, Rackley ISO Rating Software
• Ability to develop, foster, and maintain an excellent working relationship with clients
• Ability to work in a team environment essential
• Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry
• Good written and verbal skills
• Normal office environment
• Ability to work extended hours when necessary
• No unusual physical demands
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf)
CRC Group is one of the largest distributors of wholesale and specialty insurance products in the United States. With more than $7.4 billion in annual written premium and 83 office locations, CRC Group’s more than 600 brokers and underwriters provide data-driven insurance solutions for property and casualty, executive and professional, group and individual, and other specialty insurance programs. Learn more at www.crcgroupins.com .