Deloitte Retail/Consumer Products Workforce Transformation Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Retail/Consumer Products Workforce Transformation Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
If you are fascinated about how the future of work is changing, make an impact while working for Deloitte. The Future of Work is being reimagined and Workforce Transformation Strategy is what we do best. We need talent who understands the unique workforce challenges facing the semiconductor industry.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, helping our clients exploit new technologies like employee engagement tools, advanced workforce planning and analytics we empower HR to better support the business and create value. HR organizations now reduce costs and improve operating effectiveness through process improvements, shared services, outsourcing and employee self-service, but that's only part of the story, we help them to drive the value this delivers and help the business achieve its strategic objectives in performance and growth. Learn more about our HR Transformation practice.
Work you'll do
The Workforce Transformation practice delivers solutions to help our clients transform their workforces and workplaces for business success in this era of technology disruption. We deliver solutions to enable our clients' success in creating the very best workforce to achieve their business aspirations - providing end-to-end workforce lifecycle solutions.
Workforce Transformation supports our clients by:
• Imagining and transforming the composition and capabilities of the workforce to match the needs of the future of work in this age of technology disruption
• Delivering end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to identify, build and incent to drive success of organizations and their workforces
• Delivering solutions within each workforce domain: Branding & Acquisition; Rewards & Well-being; Performance, Learning & Career Mobility; Leadership & Teaming; Diversity & Inclusion
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include:
• providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
• You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
• 5 +years of professional experience in a consulting or Consumer industry setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
• 5+ years of experience working in the Consumer Products space and or retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
• Big 4 consulting experience preferred; need experienced Manager who can deliver large projects and participate in the business development process, develop relationships with C-level clients.
• Broader consumer or manufacturing experience is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience working in HR, corporate talent organizations or consulting serving employees or clients in the Retail or Consumer Products sector.
• 5+ years talent-related experience in consulting or industry including end-to-end talent management, recruiting, workforce planning, learning and career mobility, rewards and well-being, performance, leadership and teaming, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Learning and Development and Leadership Development. Technology Transformation, Change Management and Future of Work
• Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
• Experience providing insights around employee experience and talent management
• Knowledge of various organizational and operating models for various employee models
• Experience delivering end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to drive success of organizations and workforces
• Knowledge of process improvements, shared services, outsourcing and employee self-service to reduce costs, improve operations, meet strategic objectives.
• Experience leading large-scale business transformation projects. Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now, or at any time in the future
• Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
• Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.