ERT Product Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date.
ERT is hiring a Product Manager for our Trial Oversight product line. This person will have a
drive and desire to succeed in leading all activities related to delivering assigned Trial Oversight
products, including scope, design, feature definition, usability, as well as product launch,
sustaining, and defect management.
- Work closely within the product management team on product requirements, project
details, and ensure that functionality delivered matches market requirements.
- Interface with engineering, operations, and analytics resources to define key product
requirements and associated metrics of success.
- Work with engineering leads on sprint planning, daily standup meetings, retrospectives,
resource allocation, and project management against roadmap execution.
- Maintain insights into success metrics and use those insights to help drive further
roadmap definition, iterative development processes, and continuous improvement
processes with the operations team.
- Maintain and monitor project timelines and ensure accuracy in reporting of project status.
Includes definition of project timelines, securing of internal & external resources, process
tracking, risk management (prioritization, critical paths and costs) and communication of
- Manage the release process for assigned Trial Oversight products, including
coordination across the organization, to develop and launch on-time and on-budget.
- Communicate all potential risks (regulatory or other) and operational deviations,
including summary root cause and CAPA metrics, as necessary and as directed.
- Take responsibility for the customization and evolution of existing platforms/products for
their technical lifecycle.
- Manage resources to assure availability to customize and roll out solutions to deliver
data, insight and analytics across ERT business units for our clients at their study and
broader portfolio levels.
Drive the customization of customer focused Trial Oversight software or solutions.
Manage progress reporting; create overall progress and financial reports.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work closely with others inter- and intra- product line to:
-Assist in the formal validation of software applications.
-Resolve assigned inquiries and requests for product and technical
-Resolve testing issues.
-Resolve client implementation issues.
- Provide accurate and detailed project time reports, complete assignments within the
prescribed timeline, seeking supervision/consultation/assistance in a timely manner.
3 Consistently and dependably engage in the process of critical thinking in order to
formulate and implement recommendations or decisions.
Provide input for product management best practices and SOPs.
Train internal users and sales team on new product releases including features and
benefits; Manage the creation of effective product demonstrations and train sales
force on demonstration execution
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities
of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves
the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Advanced degree in Computer Science, or relevant Engineering field, Business or
equivalent with emphasis placed on experience with data aggregation and analytics.
Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
● At least 3-5+ years of experience in software related product management
● Ability to travel post COVID up to 25%
● Proven leadership and decision-making ability
● Excellent team and leadership skills
● Demonstrated leadership in executing market research (voice of customer), identifying
unmet market needs, and translating those needs into business opportunities and
● Demonstrated business and project planning skills and track record of defining,
developing, and launching successful software products
● Experience preparing business case demonstrating return on investment (ROI)
● Customer focus with interpersonal and influencing skills across a matrix organization
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English language
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External Company Name: eResearch Technology
External Company URL: www.ert.com
Street: 1818 Market Street