NBC Universal Manager, News Standards in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Number 57298BR
Job Title Manager, News Standards
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Sub-Business News Group
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State Multiple Locations
City See List Below
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications,
Journalism, English, History or a related field of study.
• 6+ years working experience within the news industry.
• Prior experience in long-form TV journalism, day of air
news, information cable production, and/or emerging
• Must have ability to communicate and collaborate well
• Familiarity with (or knowledge of) digital journalism and
social media standards and practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively and successfully with
all levels of talent and management.
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost
• Should be open and able to adapt to new approaches to
content and storytelling.
• Must have solid news and editorial judgment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, N.Y. or work East Coast hours if remote.
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
• Must be an excellent team player.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work
effectively while meeting deadlines.
• Proven ability to remain calm in high pressure
• Must have ability to multi-task.
• Prior experience in network television management.
• Self-starter; able to work independently and proactively.
• Strong writing and editorial skills
• Must be open to learning and using new technology.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.