Penn Medicine Director Quality Safety Regulatory-Penn Transplant Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Director Quality Safety Regulatory-Penn Transplant Institute
Job ID :71145
Job Category: Management/Leadership
Specialty Area: Management/Leadership
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Penn Transplant Institute (PTI) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is home to some of the area’s largest transplant programs with staff and faculty who are recognized as leaders in transplantation both nationally and internationally. Since developing one of the nation’s first kidney transplant programs in 1966, the Institute has performed over 10,000 solid organ transplant procedures and continues to be at the forefront of the discipline, providing the latest technology and discoveries in transplantation. The PTI has active programs in heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, islet cell, kidney and liver living donor and hand transplantation. The PTI is committed to a vision to be a global leader in transplant care delivery, innovation and research.
The Director of Quality, Safety and Regulatory Compliance (DQSR), Penn Transplant Institute is a professional with expertise in the areas of quality assessment, performance improvement, patient safety, data management and analytic and regulatory compliance in the field of solid organ transplantation. The DQSR will provide leadership for the PTIs Transplant QAPI program in conjunction with PTI and program leadership. The DQSR will manage and mentor the Transplant Quality Program staff of outcomes specialists, a statistician, CNS for quality and data coordinators. Oversight of quality improvement, patient safety, data systems/reporting, policy development and associated documentation systems within Penn Transplant Institute. Leads compliance efforts for transplant-related regulatory agencies, inclusive of CMS, UNOS, The Joint Commission and ESRD Network 4. Represents PTI in organizational quality, patient safety and regulatory compliance initiatives and collaborates with entity departments to maximize transplant outcomes.
Responsible for the integrity of data submitted to UNOS, Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, ESRD Network 4, and other transplant related registries. Manages UNOS site administration responsibilities.
Works in collaboration with the Transplant Administrator and Penn IT entities to support transplant database (Universe) development to support improved data availability for real-time patient decision making, quality outcomes, regulatory compliance, and research.
• • Oversees an effective transplant quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) program that is multi-disciplinary in nature, data driven and covers all phases of transplant and donation in a continuous cycle of review and improvement while addressing patient safety, clinical care, quality of life, and those services provided under contract or arrangement. Ensures that the program utilizes defined methods for conducting analyses, developing and implementing corrective actions, monitoring improvements, and assessing the effectiveness and sustainability of actions taken.
• •Oversees management of transplant patient safety events and patient concerns including internal and external reporting (per transplant regulatory requirements) in conjunction with organizational patient safety and regulatory leadership.
• •Maintains currency with transplant regulations for all agencies and ensure PTI leadership, transplant program leadership and staff are kept apprised of changes in regulation and that practices are aligned with regulatory requirements.
• •Responsible for the management of transplant related data and data reporting both internally to UPHS and externally to regulatory agencies. Oversees UNOS data administration and reporting.
• • Provide day to day management of transplant quality program personnel
• •Collaborate with leadership of collateral departments through the organizational matrix to support transplant patient QAPI, Safety and regulatory compliance.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred;
Master's Degree, Healthcare Administration or equivalent (e.g. MBA), policy or a related field required.
3+ years Management
3+ years Previous experience in solid organ transplant preferred
3+ years Previous experience in QAPI programs preferred
3+ years EPIC
RN license preferred.
A courageous and innovative individual with a "can do attitude" who can inspire an organization to do its best even in difficult circumstances
Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
Ability to communicate in stressful situations
Ability to discuss data in a clear manner
Ability to use Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Ability to work as part of a team
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.