Beverage Distribution Center Inc. DIRECTOR PROJECT ENGINEERING in Pennsauken, New Jersey
The Project Engineering Director is responsible for applying engineering principals to identify, analyze and execute projects ranging from Manufacturing to Facilities Maintenance for all Manufacturing and Distribution Centers. Projects will include new manufacturing & support equipment, line layouts, installations, accessing equipment capabilities, facility maintenance focused on structural requirements, utility improvements, compliance etc. This role will be required to provide cost studies to assure feasibility, achieve targeted results and coordinate all activities with their internal customers. Capital Planning for both the short- and long-term will also be essential. Developing operations policies, programs and systems to support strategic direction and aligning business plans with organizational objectives that deliver upon a continuous improvement platform will also be vital. This role will report to the SVP of Operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Safety is Paramount - Champion all programs for the overall health, safety and security of our employees, and facility and the municipality we operate. Developing strong ownership during any and all projects is a must.
- Prepare specifications and design process and packaging flow for projects and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings.
- Write capex request that define cost, lead-time and downtime estimates for assigned projects along with expected cost savings and ROI.
- Ensures that plant design, workflow and assembly methods maximize operational efficiency.
- Facilities maintenance for all facilities ranging from foundation to roof including grounds.
- Ascertain and include all relevant requirements including building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, Good Manufacturing Practices, and OSHA and Company regulations.
- Support company productivity initiatives, especially the improvement of equipment reliability and reduction of waste. Provide troubleshooting, problem analysis and be the resident technical expert in both manufacturing and facilities.
- Handle emergency situations that require immediate resolution that require outside support to get the facility operational while managing cost to get the work done.
- Develop relationships with 3rd part equipment suppliers as well as service providers that delivers best in class service to the organization.
- They will also identify process improvement opportunities and implement alternate methods to increase efficiencies, product and process quality, reduce costs and improve overall service.
- Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives.
- Identify and lead technology initiatives to transform labor intensive processes and systems,
**EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:**
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other pertinent Engineering Field.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a highspeed Food/Beverage Manufacturing preferred
- Facilities Project Management and or strong overall Maintenance Manager with proven track record of managing multiple projects.
- Union experience preferred
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
**\* We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.\***
**\*\*EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.\*\*
\*\*\*If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975\*\*\***