Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Project Management Specialist Journeyman in Patuxent River, Maryland
Tracking Code PAX-21-0171-W
Job Code 21-0171
Posting Title Project Management Specialist Journeyman
Post Date 2/8/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
City Patuxent River
Description Project Management Specialist Journeyman (PAX-21-0171-W)
Bowhead seeks a Project Management Specialist Journeyman in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Webster Outlying Field (WOLF) Airborne Systems Integration (ASI) Division at Patuxent River, MD.
• Analyze and coordinate the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget of a product or service on a per project basis.
• Applies analytic techniques in the evaluation of program/project objectives. Analyzes requirements, status, budget and schedules.
• Performs management, technical, or business case analyses. Collects, completes, organizes and interprets data relating to aircraft/ weapon/project acquisition and product programs. Tracks program/project status and schedules.
• Applies government-instituted processes for documentation, change control management and data management.
Requirements • B.S. or B.A. in an Engineering, Technical, or Business discipline. Substitution: 1) A.S./A.A. plus four (4) years of additional experience OR 2) high school diploma/GED plus five (5) years of additional work experience.
• Must have three (3) to ten (10) years’ experience supporting DoD projects and associated project management techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in estimating project cost, collecting project data, analyzing and interpreting project status, and providing documentation to support the project.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing key project management tools to include PMBOK, NERP, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Shared Data Warehouse, PIEE, FAR, and FMR.
• Demonstrated experience with project risk management, risk documentation, and risk mitigation, to include risks associated with project cost, project schedule, and technical performance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*2910AE5B04F8393E
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)