Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies General and Operations Manager (Program Manager) Senior in Patuxent River, Maryland
Tracking Code PAX-21-0169-W
Job Code 21-0169
Posting Title General and Operations Manager (Program Manager) Senior
Post Date 2/8/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
City Patuxent River
Description General and Operations Manager (Program Manager) Senior (PAX-21-0169-W)
Bowhead seeks a General and Operations Manager (Program Manager) Senior in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Webster Outlying Field (WOLF) Airborne Systems Integration (ASI) Division at Patuxent River, MD.
The Senior Operations Manager will manage day-to-day activities, communicate job expectations (plan, monitor, appraise, and review employee contributions) and provide technical guidance for complex development and solutions.
• Monitors operations, prepare strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems
• Set and review contract budget and manage costs
• Manages acquisition and employment of program resources.
• Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
• Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
• Conduct regular team meetings to review progress and to identify potential obstacles to completion
• Work with government customers and other stakeholders to update them on projects and obtain feedback
• Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues.
Requirements • B.S. or B.A. in an Engineering, Technical, or Business discipline. No substitutions.
• A minimum ten (10) years’ experience performing Program Management functional duties.
• At least five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) must have been in support of Defense Acquisition or Navy program management.
• At least seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
• At least eight (8) years of experience planning, organizing, directing, and executing multiple projects and project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to 25 work with large and diverse teams and the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in all areas of contracted effort.
• Experience may be concurrent.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*6474CC4B8D688A76
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)