Waste Connections Operations Manager in Parksville, British Columbia
Job TitleOperations ManagerPrimary LocationParksville, British ColumbiaEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
Waste Connections of Canada is a locally managed waste collection, landfill and recycling company in North America looking for an experienced, safety orientated Operations Manager for our Vancouver Island District located in Parksville, British Columbia. We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individual capable of creating change and driving results. Your success in this role is dependent on your work ethic, your communication skill, and your leadership ability.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for effectively managing employees, creating a culture of safety, being accountable for budgeting and staffing while managing the overall daily operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the day to day operations of Frontload, Roll off, and side load services.
· Working Closely with the District Manager and District Controller on monthly forecasting and annual budget preparation
· Working closely with the Maintenance Manager to schedule all required equipment maintenance
· Responsible for managing Supervisors, customer service and dispatch.
· Ordering equipment for the new contracts.
· Help develop and execute safety goals.
· Scheduling employees and equipment.
· Daily facility site inspections.
· Daily conversations with field personnel.
· Daily safety employee conversations.
· Promote WCC’s 5 core values.
· Promote WCC positive safety driven culture inside and outside the workplace
· Required Monday to Friday to be available whenever the frontline staff need support. This would extend to weekends if needed.
What you will bring to the table:
· 2 or more years of managing in a people driven environment
· Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and MOE guidelines
· Knowledge using Microsoft Office.
· Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize task.
· Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 90 days
We are an equal opportunity employer.