Dell Associate, Global Events in Palo Alto, California
Associate, Global Events
VMware (NYSE:VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. VMware enables enterprises to adopt a cloud model that addresses their unique business challenges. VMware’s approach accelerates the transition to cloud computing while preserving existing investments and improving security and control. With more than 300,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware solutions help organizations of all sizes lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice.
As an Associate, Global Events you will work as an integrated member of a global event management team responsible for leading and achieving operational objectives of VMworld US and Europe.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders/teams, key partner agencies, conference venue and all 3rd party suppliers.
Work with teams on all operational and marketing aspects of VMworld US and Europe events.
Focus on supporting the Ops lead on hotel and contract management, opening POs, freight management, employee housing management, giveaways, timelines, reporting, transportation or other tasks as needed.
• Assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within your functional area
• Develop, maintain and enforce comprehensive event operational standards, policies and procedures. Process documentation support.
• Manage suppliers, third-party vendors and other contributors to exceptional levels of execution of all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule and within budget
• Prepare slide decks for various meetings and assist in setting up operations meetings with stakeholders (i.e. weekly meetings and Know Before You Go)
• Take on new projects as required by Operations team and provide ongoing communication on progress
• Manage operational deadlines and timelines as it pertains to VMworld
Own and manage – for US and Europe
Overall timeline tracking
Giveaways and the VMware Store
Alumni & Alumni Elite program
Employee T & E policy / guidelines
Crew meals onsite
Coordinate site visits with agencies
Support internal creative requests: Open, track, project manage creative deliverable production
VMworld Blog management (manage editorial calendar, internal outreach for content, alignment to content milestones)
VMworld social assistance, monitoring for accuracy, voice and milestone communications
Manage the VMworld Insider Newsletter and act as point of contact for all VMware newsletters
• Minimum of 3 years in event management of customer facing conferences of +5,000 attendance or larger.
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
• Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and PPT required
• Has excellent customer service skills
• Ability to ensure event activities support business goals.
• Demonstrate success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
• Be a team player skilled at both managing and working as part of a team.
• Minimum undergraduate degree required.
• Ability and willingness to travel as part of the role
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Events Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.