Lockheed Martin System Engineer Sr in Palmdale, California
Description: Candidate responsibilities will span the program lifecycle, including setting up new program Configuration Management (CM) processes and tools, performing Data Management (DM) responsibilities, and supporting Engineering and Program Management personnel. The candidate will be required to work with legacy CM/DM data and software systems. The candidate will have to interpret program requirements and develop CM/DM processes to meet customer expectations.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high-performing multi-site team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent internal interactions with project leads and other engineers in the group. To include briefing at customer meetings
Up to 25% travel required
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Active Top Secret Security Clearance, with an investigation in the last 6 years required***
- Configuration Management experience
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with an investigation within the last 6 years
- Bachelors Degree in STEM or equivalent experience
- Technical Baseline Management experience
- Drawing release process experience
- Engineering Documentation System experience
- Experience with Special Missions Program data
- Configuration Management training or certification
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience interacting with the customer.
- Excellent Organizational skills including tracking of configuration status
- Ability to generate, disseminate, and execute light weight processes and procedures
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tools such as CAD Datanet, TeamCenter, or 3DS
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.