Lockheed Martin Skunkworks Tool Design Engineer Staff (Level 4) in Palmdale, California
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Lockheed Martin’s Advanced Development Programs is looking for the right few to join the historic Skunk Works® team. Unlike most of the work we do at the Skunk Works, our spirit of innovation is no secret. Lockheed Martin's leadership in the aeronautical industry is earned through relentless research and development of high-performance combat, air mobility, reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, and prototype models required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. Will determine, provide and develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems unique to each program assigned, with minimum direction or supervision. An advanced understanding and wide application of engineering and technical principles, theories and concepts will be expected. Will coordinate and support tooling activities across a wide range of functional organizations including; Airframe Design, Structural Analysis, Materials and Processes, Planning, Procurement/Suppliers, Manufacturing, Production, Quality Assurance, Testing and Tool Fabrication. May serve as technical lead and spokesperson for Tool Engineering on advanced projects and programs.
A level-4 employee typically has 9-14 years professional experience. Considered an immerging authority in the field of Tool Engineering.
- Must be US citizen.
- Active/Final Secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5-years.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/aero-palmdale-california)
• Experienced in aircraft tool design.
• Experienced in the use of CATIA V4 or V5 or higher versions of 3D design software
• Experienced in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Experience writing technical reports and presenting technical data.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an Engineering discipline, with minimum of 9-years of demonstrated professional Tool Design experience. Equivalent combination of education and relevant/professional experience will be considered.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the production of aircraft to include; metallic and composite materials, composite cure, trimming, drilling, machining, forming, welding, large assemblies and inspection.
• Ability to lead, train, coach and motivate a team, and foster an environment of technical development.
• Proficient in the use of CATIA-V5 Generative Shape, Part, Assembly & Drafting workbenches.
• Experience with CATIA-V6 within a 3DX-PLM environment.
• Experience in tooling for Determinant Assembly.
• Experience in structural analysis and proficient in material selection/sizing.
• Experience with additive manufacturing.
• Experience working in a fast paced, developmental environment.
• Strong verbal/written/presentation skills.
• Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
• Experience in leading small teams.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.