Your Life Part-Time PRN Charge Nurse LPN LVN in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
At YourLife, we inspire our associates to realize their goals, while touching the lives of others. We embrace our associates as they deliver personalized care and services that cater to our residents’ individual choices and preferences. We empower our associates to make a difference in the lives of those in their care through ongoing training, unwavering support and a culture of growth and momentum.
Leads by example and leads others to promote successful aging by understanding the needs and preferences of residents. Leads others to develop a well-trained compassionate Wellness team to promote dignity and choice. Leads the to achieve positive business and performance results. Ensures a productive, safe, and professional environment for all community team members. Promotes a positive community image that supports a fully occupied community.
All responsibilities are to be performed within scope of practice per state or provincial regulations.
- Administer or assist residents to self-administer medications and treatments.
- Measure vital signs and weight.
- Collect, store, and ensure transport of certain specimens for laboratory studies.
- Adhere to all medication room systems per policy.
- Communicate with physicians via telephone, fax, and Physician Communication forms.
- Implement physician orders.
- Ensure physician orders, laboratory reports, and other data is scanned and filed in resident charts.
- Document pertinent information in Nursing Notes and elsewhere per policy (e.g., incident reports).
- Communicate with Director of Wellness per policy.
- Adhere to home health and hospice protocols.
- Adhere to emergency protocols, including performing CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
- Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present.
- Supervise Personal Care Specialists to ensure daily completion of their duties.
- Assist in the development and revision of service plans by informing Director of Wellness of current resident needs and preferences as well as successful service approaches.
- Take notice of resident concerns (as reported by Personal Care Specialists or Medication Attendants, as listed in observation and reporting sections of Medication Assistant Resource or in-service plans) and report such problems to Director of Wellness.
- Read Communication Log at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Communication Log by end of each shift.
- Read Shift Change Notes at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Shift Change Notes by end of each shift.
- Attend and participate in onboarding, annual and in-service training and team member meetings, as requested.
- Perform other duties as directed by Director of Wellness.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain current professional license if LPN/LVN.
- Maintain current CPR certification if LPN/LVN.
- Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.