The Industrial Company (TIC) Electrician Journeyman in Palatka, Florida
Requisition ID: 29566
Plan, lay-out, install, test and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, motors, equipment and control systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Interprets drawings, sketches, software, plans and determines best work procedures, tools, equipment needed to troubleshoot and repair problems
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit; weld supports; install cable and duct banks; make terminations
• Installs control and distribution apparatus’ and fastens in place
• Test and start up systems and continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
• May be required to pull wire through conduit; connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
• Work with high and low voltage systems
• Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems
• Operate electrical and mechanical hand tools, power, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical tools
• Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Company: TIC Craft