Actalent Test & Automation Engineer in Ottawa, Ontario
Actalent is actively searching for a Test & Automation Engineer for an exciting new opportunity in the telecommunications field!
The successful candidate in this role will have the exciting opportunity to work with a variety of embedded software development teams as a Test & Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will attend the stand ups and actively work with the other members to understand the APIs, the feature code, and the story code. This role will be working at the integration level in order to test how the components come together in the overall system. The automation of test cases will be completed using Object Oriented Programming in an already existing framework.
• Engage engineering teams, product line managers and product owners to transform high-level requirements into optimized test coverage;
• Execution and Delivery of manual and automation end-to-end feature testing, tracking testing using Agile. Due diligence to ensure complete feature coverage, availability of required test environment (i.e., traffic generators, cards, system set up and ready), and the testing is within given quality parameters;
• Analyze test results and prepare test reports;
• Investigate software defects, highlight critical issues, and consult with software development engineers in finding a resolution;
• Lead the effort to automate all manual test cases using automation best practices;
• You will be responsible for becoming the local subject matter expert for the features you are testing; related standards knowledge and customer requirements;
• Provide support for Field Engineers through software upgrades, execution of the assigned test cases, debugging and collecting log files;
• From time to time, ownership of internal/external customer prototype demonstration. Assist in standardization and interoperability lab testing;
• Develop customer deliverable requirement use cases. Interact with PLM, architects and release managers to harden requirements. Understand the landscape of competitive usage of a feature;
Top Skills Details:
Object Oriented Python
Experience in quality assurance testing or quality assurance processes (5+ years)
K nowledge of Layer 2/Layer 3 Protocols
Experience working in Agile methodology
Experience with Workflow
À propos d'Actalent:
Actalent relie la passion à la mission. Nos solutions de candidats talentueux et la performance de nos services produisent la valeur et les résultats, tout en apportant la compétence qui permet à nos clients de réaliser plus. Nos experts situés dans le monde entier inspirent au quotidien. Nous soutenons les initiatives essentielles en ingénierie et en sciences, par les expériences qui favorisent un développement continu. La différence, c’est nos gens. Actalent est une société d’exploitation d’Allegis Group, leader mondial des solutions de candidats talentueux.
L’entreprise souscrit au principe d’égalité d’accès à l’emploi et prendra en compte toutes les candidatures sans distinction de race, sexe, âge, couleur, religion, nationalité, statut de vétéran, handicap, orientation sexuelle, identité sexuelle, information génétique ou toute autre distinction protégée par la loi.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.