College Pro Summer Business Internship in Riverside in Ottawa, Ontario
Entrepreneurs Start Here is the leading student development organization that specializes in providing students with real-world business experience through hands-on management roles.
Within our largest business in Canada, located in Ottawa, we are looking for a tenacious, competitive, creative, and motivated candidate to fill our few remaining management position for our Summer 2021 Team.
What does the position entail?
This is a hands-on business internship. You will be responsible for managing the operations and marketing for a division of a residential window cleaning business for the summer 2021 season. This is a challenging position, but for those who are ready to take it on and work hard, you will learn a lot of valuable business skills, meet new people across our talented network, and make great money!
The main tasks of the role include:
- Interview, select, and lead a team of 2 other team members.
- Manage the operations of a window cleaning business in a specified region.
- Lead the team performing home services including window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and siding cleaning.
- Contact previous customers of our business by phone to make sales.
- Generate new customer sales through door-to-door sales, referrals, and online marketing.
- Collect and submit customer payments.
- Maintain high levels of customer service excellence.
Take part in coaching meetings and skill-development sessions. What will you get out of this?
Real world management experience.
- An impressive skill set with skill development in areas such as leadership, time-management skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, etc.
- A chance to meet and network with a large group of high-performing students from schools across the country.
Opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility in following seasons. What do you need?
A valid driver's license and full-time access to a vehicle for the summer of 2021.
- Full-time availability for the summer of 2021 (space to take holidays in August).
- Ability to work at least 10 hours per week remotely from February-April.
You will get coaching on all the skills you need to be successful in this role, but you need to be ready to work hard and up for a challenge! Earning:
Managers have a base compensation of $17 per hour, as well as commission and other performance-based compensation depending on performance.
- Most Managers make between $10,000 and $20,000 in the season depending on performance in the role. We will be connecting with candidates we are interested in shortly, and will fill remaining positions as we find qualified candidates. If interested in learning more, apply here!