Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer/Requirements Lead -Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in sunny Orlando, FL.
We are seeking a Open Architecture Management (OMS) Requirements Lead. The majority of effort is unclassified, with special programs access granted for certain OAM Standards adopting programs in order to understand the context and use case for the Standards. OAM day to day program activities are centered around scheduled remote calls which are slated to progress the OAM Standards Change Packages along their path to completion.
Routine duties include review and approval of Change Packages for the OMS and UCI standards. This involves review and revision of each change, attending review meetings with the customer, and sitting on the Common Governance Board, where changes are voted for inclusion into the Standards. Each proposed change is managed through a process to vet the changes and shape them to best suit the intent of the Standards. Much collaboration across LM business areas as well as across the participant companies is required to successfully complete change approvals.
• Work closely in tandem with the LM MFC OAM Chief Engineer who has the responsibility of providing key technical input to Change Packages of interest to LM MFC and companion business areas.
• Coordinate with the OAM CE to develop strategies for expanding the understanding of the OAM Standards across LM MFC programs.
• Provide support and assistance to MFC programs as an Open Architecture Standards SME for architecture reviews and proposals upon request, in order to foster Open Architecture solutions across the MFC lines of business.
• Serve as the proposal Lead for the 1year, $1M OAM follow-on contract.
• Coordinate with LM Aero, RMS and Space Systems to establish the bidding parameters, write the BoEs, develop the technical and cost volumes on time and within parameters.
• Manage proposal through EPP, work with LM partners to establish fact finding response strategies and coordinate FF responses with the customer.
• Be responsible for completion of the proposal through customer negotiations and securing IWTA funding through LM Aero for the 2022 period of performance.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
You must demonstrate the ability to perform the following Requirements Definition and Architecture assignments:
• Perform requirements definition of achievable design characteristics for an objective system.
• Synthesize design characteristics into an implemental system architecture.
• Flow system level requirements to testable structures and modular hardware and software using DOORS.
• Perform trade studies and Risk and Opportunity Management analyses.
• Define and track Technical Performance Measures (TPM's).
• Perform detail system verification activities including definition of verification methodology.
• Generate and execute a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
• Define system tolerances and timelines.
• Conduct a thorough functional configuration audit with verification evidence provided.
• To be successful in this role, strong verbal communication and soft skills of collaboration and the ability to influence and inspire others to accept and adopt our technical or programmatic position are required.
To be considered for this role, you must have the ability to obtain an interim security clearance and considered a US Citizen.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.