AdventHealth Senior Scientist Faculty Clinical Translational Research Institute in Orlando, Florida
Senior Scientist Faculty - Clinical -Translational Research Institute - AdventHealth Orlando
301 E. Princeton St., Orlando, FL 32804
Top Reasons to work at Translational Research Institute
The collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of doctors, scientists, and researchers at the Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (TRI-MD) bridges the gap between discovery research and clinical care. This facility, which houses some of the most technologically advanced clinical and diagnostic equipment available, is dedicated to the study of obesity, metabolism, diabetes, and the metabolic origins of cardiovascular disease.
• Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages and annually reviews performance of Core staff
- Participates in scientific presentations and publications in his/her area of expertise
- Participates in research grant application preparation
- Participates in Research Protocol planning and IRB submissions
- Fosters and supports external academic and research collaborations including data management
- Annual revenue accountability
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the scientific director
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- PhD in Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, exercise physiology, chemistry, biology, or related field
- At least 5 years of research experience working in area of expertise
- Proficiency in research and the regulatory environment as evidenced by published research and peer-reviewed work.
- At least one year of experience in imaging research utilizing high-field magnets
For Energy Expenditure
- Experience working with Calorimeters (Hood and Whole-Room)
- Experience leading exercise and energy expenditure studies as primary investigator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- NIH and/or Pharmaceutical research in the areas of expertise
The Senior Scientist is responsible for leading the development and conduct of translational research at the TRI and participating in Industry/NIH/Pharmaceutical research that supports the TRI scientific research plan. Responsible for developing assigned Core program, has annual revenue accountability and provides guidance to other support staff in the performance of protocol-specific tasks. The Senior Scientist ensures that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all AdventHealth, TRI, local, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.