Kiewit Corporation District Support Specialist - Kiewit Business Services in Omaha, Nebraska
Requisition ID: 106066
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Shared Services
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As the District Support Specialist, you will provide high quality support and outstanding customer service to all areas of the Kiewit organization and processes a high volume of time and payroll related requests. Tasks will include pre and post payroll audits, submitting off-cycles, pay additions, labor cost moves, setting up overtime rules, and general payroll and time inquiries. You will be part of the KBS Payroll Department, which is a fast paced, challenging environment that will provide you with the opportunity to continuously learn and grow in all facets of Kiewit’s core business activities.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
• Pre and post payroll audits
• Process time and payroll related requests such as pay additions, cost moves, time/PTO entry, overtime rules setup, etc.
• Develop strong relationships with field personnel and provide excellent time and payroll support
• Understand Kiewit’s core business and demonstrate a sense of urgency toward business-critical issues; Team members must be willing to go above and beyond in support of Kiewit’s districts and projects.
• Understand and follow processes, procedures, and internal controls
• Reliable and consistent attendance
• Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement
• Perform other job-related tasks as needed or assigned
• Prior Payroll experience
• Working knowledge of computers and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding; generates interest and holds attention, listens and is open to the ideas of others
• Highly motivated and self-directed; initiative and a sense of urgency to get things done
• Attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies
• Excellent analytical, math and organization skills
• Ability to understand and follow process and controls
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work
• Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; ability to connect and build relationships with others inside and outside the organization
• Ability to travel as needed (<5%). Must hold valid US Passport (if traveling to Canada, Mexico, etc.)
• Ability to lift, sit, stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, etc.
• Ability to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources
• College Degree in business or related field preferred.
• Previous SAP experience preferred
• Prior work experience in a shared services environment preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.