Intermountain Healthcare Teacher II - McKay Dee Summit Day Treatment in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for identifying the educational needs of children and adolescents, functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team in matters relating to educational programming and transition planning. Provides patient individualized education on an individual and group level. Provides classroom skills assessment, academic skills evaluation, educational programming and transition planning to children and adolescents. Provides educational counseling services and recommendations to parents regarding the educational needs of their children. Serves as liaison to patient's community based school. Participates, along with clinical staff, parents, patient and receiving school personnel, in transition planning to a patient's community based school at discharge from treatment.The Teacher II provides services at the Masters prepared level with additional educational endorsements (per state licensure) that allow for specialized instruction to students with mild to severe behavioral problems.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Provides specialized instruction to students with mild to severe behavioral problems.
- 2. May provide educational assessment using academic / psycho-educational test batteries in accordance with department guidelines to develop a baseline for planning care and school disposition. May provide formal or informal assessment not limited to psycho-educational tests.
- 3. May develop and implement individualized education plans of care to provide appropriate instruction and a positive learning experience.
- 4. May create written training materials regarding the educational needs of patients and families experiencing illness, injury and health care. May provide family members with appropriate educational information and recommendations.
- 5. Utilizes patient educational assessment, education history and patient status to determine appropriate educational placement and level of instruction.
- 6. Works collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to meet the educational needs of patients.
- 7. Provides education recommendations based on assessment data and knowledge of educational resources to assist in treatment planning and patient care.
- 8. Fosters a positive learning environment through creation of structured and customized educational activities that meet individual needs and to promote academic achievement.
- 9. May collaborate with public and private educational systems to obtain and communicate educational information (with parental consent) in accordance with educational law and department guidelines to arrange appropriate educational services and transition plans.
- 10. Advocates for patients and families within public and private schools by establishing transition plans as needed.
- 11. Maintains constant compliance with appropriate (on and off-site) school accreditation standards.
- Entry Rate: $25.17
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hours full-time
- Department: Summit Day Treatment
- Additional Details:Work schedule is M-F. Patient population: adolescents with current mental health diagnoses; Role includes direct educator, program development, administrator, classroom management -training/coaching of front line support staff; involvement in treatment planning as part of the multidisciplinary team. Teacher works independently at this site with support from other teachers within service line
- Masters Degree obtained from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Current State of Utah teaching licensure.
- Current special education license with one of the following endorsements: 1. Mild / Moderate Endorsement which permits the holder to teach students with mild to moderate learning and behavior problems; 2. Severe Endorsement which permits the holder to teach students with severe learning and behavior problems.
- Five years paid experience in a teaching position; at least three in special education
- Demonstrated knowledge of the educational and curriculum processes for children and adolescents with behavioral needs.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Masters Degree in Special Education obtained from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Two years of experience working with Psychiatric or chemical dependent populations
- Knowledge of current state and federal education-related legislation
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Summit Day Treatment
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time