MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer 500065 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer 500065
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making payment and data transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard have built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercialising and enhancing them. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking. Over the last few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery. As we expand the platform’s capabilities into new markets, opportunities to apply novel data management practices, including the use of cutting edge homomorphic encryption lie ahead.
This new role will perform extensive Proof of Concepts (POCS) to bring homomorphic encryption to bear upon several emerging use cases:
(1) Prove where homomorphic encryption is fit for use within Mastercard; and
(2) be the subject matter expert on applying homomorphic encryption technology within the enterprise; and
(3) apply that knowledge to the localisation and deployment of selected global Mastercard Open Banking Solutions in key markets across the world.
The individual will be an expert on the relevant features, benefits, and the needs of current and future customers. The individual will also be a key member of the Mastercard Open Banking Global Operations and Technology team responsible for defining and executing the technology strategy for the overall product portfolio.
Role is expected to require little to no travel (<5%)
• Architect and provide technical leadership for major new initiatives targeting homomorphic encryption
• Analyze and design data encryption and management strategies, roadmaps and solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources
• Work closely with other Open Banking architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Estimate and plan new efforts
• Provide technical leadership and support to our business partners specific to emerging encryption technologies and data mangement standards
All About You
Skills and experience required for this role are:
• Experience in encryption, payments or FinTech sectors.
• Successful B2B product development and/or management experience
• API design and implementation
• Technology provider assessment
• Engaging with customers and vendors both internal and external
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area
• Focus on the customer experience, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved
• Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues
• Work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers and customers
• Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed because the technology domain is still emerging
• Deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built
• Understand the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who have to build, maintain, and operate the system for the life of the system
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals and TPMs
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Write documentation as required
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings
• Communicate role up of project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
• Work across teams to optimize processes
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
Desirable skills and experience:
• Good Knowledge of Open Banking
• Expert Knowledge of API design
• Anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
• Determine if success metrics are in place and if not, you work to define them
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Continuously assess development processes, test plans, and operations. You work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
• Streamline and/or eliminate excess process in any area of the architecture, production operations environment, or business area where the same efforts (or issues) are repeated year-over-year
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-112546