AdventHealth Cert Surgical First Assist Full Time Days Possible $10K Sign-On Bonus Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Utilizes physician preference cards to set up operating suites. May update and route cards appropriately, when instructed
· Determines appropriate surgical equipment and supplies, based on physician’s preference
· Achieves temporary and permanent hemostasis by applying appropriate techniques
· Assists with body plane closures, wound dressing applications, and securing drainage systems
· Positions patients appropriately, uses stabilizing equipment when necessary, and prioritizes patient comfort and safety
· Provides visualization for operative sites by applying appropriate methods, which includes tissue manipulation, retraction, sponging, suction, and irrigation
· Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
· Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability prepare surgical suites with appropriate instruments, resources, and supplies based on surgeon preference cards
· Strong physician/surgeon relationship skills and team mentality
· Up-to-date knowledge of patient rights and ability to respect cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values
· Up-to-date knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Certified Surgical Technologist First Assist
· Current certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) as a Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), or through the National Surgical Association as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA)
· American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
· Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments
· Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others
· Complies with the Corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
Assists surgeons in preparation for and during surgical procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.