Rose International INC ECS Desktop Support in Oakland, United States
Client Position Title: ECS Desktop Support
Position Number: 338145
Location: Oakland, CA 94611
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Microsoft Office, Training, WAN
C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job title: ECS – Desktop Support
Location: Richmond/Oakland, CA 94611
Duration: 4 months
Frontline technical support and guidance in planning, implementation and ongoing operations of LAN''s and WAN''s, and implementation of end user computing applications and devices for Client Medical groups and business partners and employees. In general employees are responsible for responding to tickets (inquires or requests for services related to desktop hardware) originating from the National Service Desk. For requests that cannot be serviced over the phone, tickets are generated electronically and distributed via network queue to the relevant location or business line to be resolved by Desktop employees: 1) Incident tickets: all secondary break/fix requests for electronic desktop equipment and 2) Add/Move/change tickets: moving and installing new personal computers and/or ordering and replacing equipment for assigned areas (e.g. building/installing computers for a new office.) Each level includes the skills and duties from the previous level.
• Accepts trouble reports including such activities as: handling system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
• Provides excellent customer service to computer users.
• May direct and distribute work each day by checking queue of tickets and assigning the incidents and/or moves/changes to the relevant Team members. Coordinates Moves, Adds, and Changes to support complex LAN&WAN networks, including configuration, training, installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
• Maintains and secures inventory of all hardware and software.
• Supervision Given and Received: Is competent in most phases of end user computing applications to work on own. Typically works under the general direction of the team lead and/or supervision of Manager.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making: Analyzes problems and takes corrective action.
• Customer Service Skills: Demonstrates professional behavior with all customers at all times. Develops a clear understanding of the customer''s needs seeking information through clarifying questions. Maintains clear communications with customers regarding expectations and time frames. Follows up with customers after a problem has been resolved to inform them of any action taken. Sensitive to customer''s frustration and responds professionally.
• Minimum two (2) years of professional experience, in end user computing and PC/Workstation based LAN applications.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Knowledge of mobile devices.
• Current and recent Windows and , Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite of products. Excellent customer service skills.
• Some technical consulting experience preferred.
• Bachelor''s degree in computer science or IS Or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
• Microsoft Certifications or training and/or A+ preferred.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)