Robert Half International Medical Scribe in Oakland, California
Immediate Opening for a Medical Scribe Specialist. Apply Now!
Robert Half Healthcare Practice is looking for a Medical Scribe Specialist for a well-known client in the East Bay.
The Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider. The Scribe assists the provider by accompanying them during the patient exam recording detailed information into the electronic medical record.
The Scribe performs other related medical record or clerical duties to increase provider effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity for improved patient flow and satisfaction.
This role will be responsible for:
• Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physician(s)
• Entering the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
• Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title and doctor working for as well as specific date and time entry
• Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record
• Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
• Monitoring the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures
• Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
• Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a Word Document to Samantha Cook with Robert Half Healthcare Practice at Samantha.Cook@roberthalf.com or call 510-763-2256 ext 21623
• Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct
• Ability to spell proofread and edit written
• Keyboard proficiency (approximately 60 words/minute).
• Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive personal medical information.
• Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects.
• Ability to problem solve under and communicate and interact professionally.
Technical/Computer Skills: Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs; minimum of 60 WPM preferred.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at 888.490.4154 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $20.00 - $23.00 / Hourly
Location: Oakland, CA
Date Posted: March 26, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00343-9502532365
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative