CLEAResult Energy Engineer V in Oakland, California
Click the Apply link to create your Job Application
Job Description Summary
CLEAResult, a leading provider of energy solutions, has an immediate opportunity for a highly experienced Energy Engineer to join our world-class organization. This position will empower a motivated engineer to make a difference in the energy-efficiency industry by leading innovative and technically robust solutions toward identifying efficiency opportunities and quantifying savings potential. In this role a driven individual will lead and direct key technical support for Industrial, Agricultural, and Commercial EE programs, develop and analyze energy efficiency measures balanced with cost-effectiveness, mentor junior engineers to perform site visits and inspections amongst other responsibilities, recommends best practices towards program statewide policies, incorporates accurate, cost effective measurement & verification, and assures professional quality, industry leading documents describing the analyses to technical and non-technical audiences. The engineer shall take part in a results-driven, talented, and highly effective team bringing industry leading tools and analyses to internal and external stakeholders.
▪ Established multidisciplinary technical expert within energy industry.
▪ Leads, collaborates and works within a multi-disciplinary team to perform and lead technical work supporting energy efficiency programs.
▪ Identify, lead, and qualify complex energy efficiency projects (beyond deemed/prescriptive savings) using standard engineering principles including physics, mechanics, fan laws, thermodynamics, algebra, and statistics.
▪ Provide strategic direction and insight to program teams related to subject matter expertise (e.g. engineering/technology oversight, customer segment, program policies)
▪ Recommends innovative solutions to program and client/utility policies to categorize and adjust data analysis to address and influence industry accepted guidelines (e.g. baseline category, industry standard practice, measure classification).
▪ Guides junior engineers to perform site assessments (pre and post project inspections) unassisted at industrial, agricultural, and large commercial facilities to identify energy efficiency opportunities and recommend steps to further investigate or disqualify opportunities.
▪ Designs IPMVP compliant M&V plans customized to customer and site-specific limitations in a cost-effective manner.
• Analyzes post project data with respect to the M&V plan, with problem resolving recommendations on incomplete or conflicting data when present.
• Effectively resolve challenges faced with clients/contractors/evaluators/governing entities to address deficiencies and/or inconsistencies in calculations and/or policy adherence.
▪ Lead development and provide feedback towards clear, expository reports compiling project information and analysis as a stand-alone deliverable for clients and stakeholders.
• Develop and guide engineers to answer technical and policy inquiries from third party firms/clients related to project documents.
• Prepares and maintains information in database to manage and monitor project activity and tasks, setting quality standards and promoting best practices.
▪ Approves the development of calculators and measure configurations within internal engineering tools database.
• Maintains client satisfaction and develops new client relationships including undertaking business development activities.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to all engineering and other staff where applicable.
Additional Job Description
• BS in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering preferred)
• Experience Level - Minimum of 12 years of applicable professional experience
• Certifications - PE, CMVP, CEM preferred
• Experience with industrial refrigeration, boilers systems, compressed air, pumping and fan systems, and other energy efficiency measures including Title 24 and DEER database
• Industry knowledge on Strategic Energy Management preferred
• Field experience in independently conducting energy audits and verification inspections
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Travel will consist of day trips from the greater Bay Area region in California. Occasional (1-2 times every 2-3 months) overnight stay may be necessitated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran, or any other protected status.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. CLEAResult retains the right to make changes or adjustment to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.
© Copyright 2013 CLEAResult. All rights reserved.