Siemens Junior Planner, Global Planning - Point of Care Diagnostics Devices in Norwood, Massachusetts
Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Diagnostics Business line is a $700M leading provider of handheld and desktop analyzers and consumables, serving the blood gas, urinalysis and diabetes care markets globally. We are part of the Diagnostics segment that, combined with our Imaging segment and Advanced Therapies segment, make up Siemens Healthineers, a $15B world leader in medical diagnostics.
Reporting directly to the Director of Global Planning, the Jr. Planner will be responsible for providing tactical support to Global Planner to balance supply and demand with opportunity to advance quickly. This role will be focused on a specific subset of the business and partner directly with those business leaders.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders in Sourcing, Manufacturing, Distribution/Logistics, Finance and IT to ensure alignment of goals and targets, efficient communication and escalation channels, and accountability for actions and performance
· Collaborate with Distribution and Logistics to ensure proper planning parameters are applied, execution is monitored, and new requirements are effectively designed into our supply chain flow
· Collaborate with IT to ensure global visibility and smart reporting of inventory, volume and key performance metrics; escalate issues and opportunities for improvement where appropriate
· Contribute to the balanced scorecard that spans Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Performance (SQDIP)
· Contribute to the continuously improving education platform that provides best practice training in Global Supply Chain Planning
· Establish and monitor key performance metrics, notably leading indicators
· Stimulate innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives; regularly develop ad hoc analyses to address new and evolving business issues
· Promote learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning
· Evaluate performance of direct reports based on leadership and results
· Dynamic environment with short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
· Risk Mitigation orientation, capable of leading scenario planning that yields upside, nominal and downside options
· Flexibility with early morning work hours due to UK/EU coordination
· Willing to self-teach databases, SQL, Macros
· Team player
Skills& Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years of general business experience or 1+ years Buyer or Planner
· 1+ years SAP experience; regular user
· Master expertise in Excel
· Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .